Monday 17 September 2007

Friends, Community and being Lonely

Ok I'm a socialable creature, an extrovert, I like to share what is going on in my world, talk and find out about other peoples worlds, have fun and dance in conversations with others.

So what do I do for a living, I have a partnership in a small website development company that has me work on my home at home in isolation.

Because we are very ambitous I am working very hard and don't have time to do much mingling, networking, attendance of social events, entertaining.

I have lost contact with many friends and family.

This was compounded by a bad relationship that finished a couple of years ago where "she" didn't really like seeing my friends, hmmmmm I don't want to go there on this post.

In addition I have a couple of incompletions with my brother that makes it difficult to be around him.

Finally sometimes I work in the lounge so that I can have the TV on, I think its so that I can feel less lonely. But when I look at this, this compensation and avoidance is really doing me no good, it's just delaying and diluting things.

Working in the living room I believe is a large reason why my flat is a mess.

No comments: